You are invited to give birth to a healthy child according to laws of nature, under the guidance of experienced obstetricians and attentive medical personnel. Hospital length of stay is, up to 3-4 days. The first day of hospitalization includes a preoperative evaluation, results of cardiac examination, pre-anesthesia testing and continuous CTG monitoring. Presence of an anesthesiologist and a neonatologist is mandatory during the whole process of childbirth. Throughout the entire hospital stay, both the mother and the baby are under constant care of medical personnel of various specialties, who are engaged in conducting any required examinations, while offering continuous attention.
A pregnant woman can come to Greece regardless of the week of pregnancy she is in, as long as both her doctor and the airline company permit her to travel, after providing the medical review which confirms that the air flight is safe for her. However, it is advisable to travel until the 32nd week of pregnancy. Travel is discouraged during complicated pregnancies or in case there are indications that labor may begin on board. After arriving to Greece, it is recommended to undergo a Check Up, at least once before the labor. Nevertheless, if possible, it is advisable to visit the doctor several times. The mother-to-be is hospitalized just before birth.
Duration for in hospital stay: 3 days
- Admission to hospital, initial assessment by midwife
- Clinical evaluation by the treating physician and his team
- Preoperative check-up (Full Blood Count, Blood group, Rhesus, VDRL PT-INR, aPTT, ALP, HIV, HBsAg, HCV, ECG)
- Patient preparstion be midwife
- Constant cardiotocographic monitoring
- Preoperative assessment by consultant anesthesiologist
- The delivery is performed with the presence of an anesthesiologist and neonatologist. Neonate resuscitation, transfer to Naeonatal Ward, laboratory investigations, constant neonate monitoring by midwife and neonatologist.
- The mother will remain in the recovery room for the following 2 hours (vital signs monitoring)
- Transfer to Obstetrics Ward
- Mother mobilization in the Ward
- All neonates are subjected to compulsory screening for Congenital Hyperthyreoidism, Phenylketonuria, Galactosaemia and G-6-P-D deficiency in accordance with the Institute for Pediatric Health and the Greek Ministry of Health
- In addition (after the parents’ request) all neonates may participate in the latest technology screening program (mass fasmatography, Tandem MS) for the swift discovery of 44 congenital diseases
- The neonates will be delivered to their mother in the room 4 times / day. The possibility for a 24 hour /day stay with the mother is available (for 1st class rooms)
1st postpartum day:
- Clinical evaluation by treating physician and anesthesiologist
- A midwife will instruct and assist the mother during breastfeeding- Neonate assessment by neonatologist. Blood investigations to be performed when necessary
2nd postpartum day:
- Clinical evaluation by treating physician
- A midwife will instruct and assist the mother on how to bathe the neonate
- Neonate assessment by neonatologist
3rd postpartum day:
- Clinical evaluation by treating physician, discharge instructions
- Discharge instructions by neonatologist
- Discharge from hospital
In 40 days – clinical assessment
The patient can return to work in 2 months after delivery
Alcohol consumption, smoking, medication and heavy labor
There is a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) available in the hospital. The neonate can be transferred to the NICU for closer monitoring and treatment at the neonatologist’s reguest at any point during hospitalization if special treatment becomes necessary (due to respiratory distress, surgical conditions, congenital cardiac diseases, prematurity etc)
The free personal assistant fluent in your own native language will be escorting you throughout the duration of your hospital stay
Hospital 24 / 7
- Free personal assistant
- IPD Doctor
- Attending Physician
MEDICAL TOUR PROGRAM
Hospital stay: from 3 to 4 nights*
Preventive health exams detecting 44 diseases
Medical report translation
Accommodation in hotel: approximately 40 nights***
* Hospital stay in triple room (the cost for neonatal intensive care unit is not included in the above price - in case of necessity).
**The total cost depends on patient’s health condition, test results etc.
*** Accommodation in hotel can be extended upon request.